The Ethical Atheist’s Ten Commandments.
Behold! I give ye Ten Commandments for Ethical Atheists!
- Thou SHALT NOT believe all thou art told.
- Thou SHALT seek knowledge and truth constantly.
- Thou SHALT educate thy fellow man in the Laws of Science.
- Thou SHALT NOT forget the atrocities committed in the name of god.
- Thou SHALT leave valuable contributions for future generations.
- Thou SHALT live in peace with thy fellow man.
- Thou SHALT live this one life thou hast to its fullest.
- Thou SHALT follow a Personal Code of Ethics.
- Thou SHALT maintain a strict separation between Church and State.
- Thou SHALT support those who follow these commandments.
The site itself contains brief explanations for each of the various commandment as well to help clarify. Good reading.
Found, oddly enough, through ***Dave’s Blog who points out that he’d be very happy if more than just atheists followed those commandments, thusly reconfirming my oft-stated belief that the world could use a few more Christians like him.